Association of the U.S. Army - Pikes Peak Chapter
GENERAL COMPETITION RULES:
- All above specifications apply, as well as verbal instructions provided by the Event Staff and the Range Safety Officers (RSOs).
- Turkey and ham presentations will be by coupon, redeemable at any participating retailer (the commissaries and most supermarkets).
- Turkey Shoot rules may be modified prior to the event to accommodate preevent planning feedback and potentially changing conditions.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring and set up canopies or sun shades in the parking area (tailgate style) and plan to enjoy a fun-filled day at the range!
- Visit the U.S. Army Static Equipment Display. U.S. Army and Air Force Recruiters will be on site. Vendors and Sponsors will have booths and tables set up for your perusal.
- THE FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT RULE, WHICH WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED, IS SAFETY
CONTESTANT & SPECTATOR REGISTRATION:
Admission fee to the Cheyenne Mountain Shooting Complex (CMSC) for all shooters and spectators regardless of gender, age (children under 6 are free) or shooting category is $15 per attendee.
Registration includes range fees and first “shot “ (1 shotgun, 3 .22 cal, 3 personal pistol rounds, or 2 personal arrows for archers) for open category turkey/ham competitions for all shooters. Payment will be verified by wearing a plastic wrist band provided by event staff.
$5 donation per each additional “shot:” (1 shotgun round, 3 .22 cal, 3 personal pistol rounds, or 2 arrows for archers). Shooters can compete in as many lines as they wish in their category.
Free Lunch (while they last) for all registered shooters and spectators provided at the event site.
Included with this admission fee and registration: Any other range facilities (apart from the Turkey Shoot) also can be utilized with personal firearms.
You will receive an email confirmation of your event registration.
We'll be waiting for you to join us again in 2019!
UNFORTUNATELY, OUR 4TH ANNUAL TURKEY SHOOT
(SCHEDULED 11 AUG 18) IS:
POSTPONED INDEFINITELY DUE TO
FT. CARSON DEPLOYMENTS
WHAT IS A TURKEY SHOOT?
NO LIVE TURKEYS WILL BE SHOT
- ONLY TARGETS -
"Old Time" Turkey Shoot
PRACTICE YOUR SHOOTING SKILLS FOR OUR NEXT ANNUAL TURKEY SHOOT
COMPETITIVE SHOOTING CATEGORIES:
Open Individual - by Age Categories Per Shooting Line, Regardless of Gender:
- Children: 6 - 13 years of age
- Teen: 14 - 17 years of age
- Adult: 18 - 59
- Seniors: 60 and above
OPTIONAL TEAM CHALLENGE Shooting Categories - 3 Shooters Per Team (By Fire Arm Category or Bow Regardless of Age/Gender); Up to 4 Teams Per Shooting Line:
- There must be at least two teams challenging for Team Shoots; each team member of the highest scoring team in a challenge set (per rules above) wins a turkey or ham
- All Teams and names of team members must be designated to the event staff at registration
The Pikes Peak Chapter of the Association of the United States Army (PPC-AUSA) will conduct its 4th Annual Turkey Shoot when the preponderance of deployed units return to Fort Carson and will be around to enjoy the event. Meanwhile, visit the Cheyenne Mountain Shooting Complex (CMSC) and enjoy some trap and skeet shooting at the new ranges.
If you were a sponsor or donor of our previous Turkey Shoots, we thank you once again for your generous support in those successful events, and hope you will support our 4th Annual Event when we are able to hold it!
(NO LIVE TURKEYS WILL BE SHOT - ONLY TARGETS)
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
WHEN: SATURDAY, AUGUST 11th, 2018 (CX'd Due to Fort Carson Deployment density)
TIME: 9AM to 3PM
WHERE: Cheyenne Mountain Shooting Complex (CMSC). Take I-25 exit 132 to the west, and just prior to Fort Carson Gate 20, turn left (south) following the Cheyenne Mountain Shooting Complex signs for about 1/2 mile to the site.
COST: 7 years old + - $15 per person/day, 6 and under - free
All proceeds (after overhead costs are achieved) go to our Chapter so that we can support our various Soldier and Family support programs and activities throughout the year.
PRE-REGISTRATION DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED
Click here for sponsorship & registration info
Bring Your Own Conforming Personal Shotgun, Rifle & Pistol Firearms (Event Loaners Limited):
Six (6) - eight (8) shooters per line. Shooter with most hits within a 1” circle at 35 yards will win a turkey or ham.
Shotguns must be of 12 gauge or 20 gauge, no telescopic sights.
After first free shot, all additional ammunition will be provided by the event staff for a donation of $5 per shot.
- Total of 16 firing points shared between rifle and pistol shooters per line. Rifle competition will be with .22 cal long rifle open sights (no telescopic scopes), at a range of 35-40 yards. Shooter who knocks down the most metal targets, size approximately 2” x 4” for children; 1” x 2” for adults, will win a turkey or ham.
Rifles must be be .22 cal long rifle bolt, pump or semi-automatic. All shooters will shoot 3 rounds per shoot.
After first free three rounds, all additional ammunition will be provided by the event for a donation of $5 for every three rounds. All .22 long rifle ammunition will be provided.
Total of 16 firing points shared between rifle and pistol shooters per line. Pistol competition will be by same or similar caliber per line at a range of 15-20 yards. Targets are paper; tiebreakers will be shot on a steel hanger target rack. Shooter who has best shot group closest to or in the 10 ring will win a turkey or ham. Note: Any shot that touches a scoring ring counts for that ring.
Shooters must provide their own pistols and ammunition to shoot. After first three fired
rounds, any additional ammunition fired will require a donation of $5 for every three rounds.
RED DOTS SIGHTS ARE NOT PERMITTED. IF MOUNTED ON A FIREARM, THE RED DOT MUST BE TURNED OFF.
3-6 archers per line. Archers with the most arrows thru a 1” hole at 35-40 yards will win a turkey or ham. Bows must be either recurve or compound bows, no crossbows.
All bows and arrows to be provided by shooters. After first free two arrows are shot,
donation to participate further is $5 for each two (personal) arrows shot.
“Voice for the Army – Support for the Soldier”